Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First day of preschool

Today was bittersweet. It was the first day of preschool for the boys. They did SO well, better than I could have imagined. Collin woke up this morning and said, "I get to go school today!!". Brendan was equally excited. Mike was able to go with us to take them to their first day which was really nice. Here they are outside of the school on their first day!






They surprised me with how well they did at drop-off, they didn't even cry!! They are such big boys now and they were totally ready for school. They had an amazing day and had so much fun. They were happy to see me when I picked them up and their teacher said they were a joy - and never cried! Hooray!



I took them out for ice cream to celebrate their first day. They gave me a play by play of everything they did all day. Some of which was "I sang songs - the ABC song and the wheels on the bus song" (Collin) and "A baby girl ate some of my cheese crackers" (Brendan). They truly seemed to love it and are already asking me when they get to go back. :) It makes me so happy to see them loving school, and then a little sad at the same time that they are already big enough to attend school!!!

Edited to add:
I forgot about these pictures that I took when the boys got a letter from their preschool teachers, Ms. Monica and Ms. Tiffany a few weeks before school started.




2 comments:

Aunt Mandy said...

What cutie pies! Great pics, sis!!

The Ortega's said...

Hooray boys!!! What a delight that they had such a great time...They look so big and grown-up, can't wait to see y'all soon!