Big changes here in the Atok house this week.
On Sunday, Collin decided to climb out of his crib and face-plant on the floor.
I had put them down for their nap and went downstairs. About 5 minutes later I hear a loud "thud". I knew immediately that one of them had fallen out of their crib. I ran up the stairs so fast. Half-way up the stairs, I see their door open and Collin came out crying. He wasn't hurt too badly. But it sure scared him, and me. I nearly had a heart attack. I was afraid to put him back, but they needed to take a nap. I put them back in about 30 minutes later and sat outside their door. I heard laughing, "uh-oh", "no-no", "Coll-un, uh-oh". I'm pretty sure he was trying again but gave up and did go to sleep.
I started panicking. I'm so not ready to move them out of their cribs. They are such good sleepers, and I really don't want that to change. But, I also don't want my child to have a head injury because I'm too afraid to change. So, we went for it. We converted their cribs to the "toddler" beds. Basically it is the crib with just three sides (the front section taken off). We found a railing to go on that side so that they don't roll out of bed. We tried it without a railing and Brendan rolled out of bed all night long and one time I found him underneath Collin's bed!! The railings help so much but still allow them to get in and out of bed like "big boys."
They have done great with the new beds at bedtime. They have only gotten out of their rooms once each night (right after we put them down) and went back to their beds easily. But naptime is another story. I'm hoping that it will improve in the next day or so. (Hopefully!).
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy cow, they aren't even two yet... and they are in big boy beds. Glad to hear the transition is (mostly) going well. I couldn't stop laughing when I read this post.
Post a Comment